The boys over at Hooptie Life Garage, particularly Shaun Harman (owner) have put together this awesome little Rat Rod with a ton of power and a pretty impressive build. It took Shaun 9 months to build the car with guidance from his father, Tim. Including fabricating the frame himself and countless hours turning wrenches and busting knuckles.
The entire car was built from 100% stock into what you see hear today…..in a 2 car garage….in the middle of winter. Shaun had the car road legal on May 1st 2014 and decided the best way to break in his freshly built 86 year old car was with a 2000km round trip down to Sandpoint Idaho! We’re glad to report no issues at all, the car now has 2700km on it and is running perfectly.
Here’s a few features of what this killer Rat is armed with:
– 4″ chop
– 3″ channel over the frame
– Custom built frame by Shaun himself
– Triangulated 4 link in the rear on air suspension
– 4″drop tube solid axle in the front
– Ford 9″ rear end
– 700r4 transmission
– Chevrolet 454 big block Chevrolet engine
– Coy wheels. 18×8 front and 20×10 in the rear
I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them! Thanks for checking out the highlight.